8-bit open-world RPG Artifact Adventure Gaiden DX, which first launched for Switch on June 6, is coming to PC via Steam and Playism on July 31 for $9.99, publisher Playism and developer Bluffman Games announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Playism:
All-new and original, yet nostalgic! A fully 8-bit open-world RPG!
In commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the North American release of the Nintendo Game Boy, and after its widely acclaimed release on the Nintendo Switch, Artifact Adventure Gaiden DX is coming to Steam and Playism on July 31st.
Created by Japanese indie developers bluffman, the old-school RPG Artifact Adventure Gaiden DX won fans around the world over with its 8-bit aesthetic and open world-style “free scenario” gameplay. The outcome of the story depends on the choices you make. However, keep in mind that for every choice you make, there will be consequences three years down the line when impending disaster hits.
- Rich and varied scenarios – The different choices you make carry specific and serious consequences, shaping the outcome of the game. You will be faced with a number of choices as you prepare for impending disaster three years in the future. Some of the consequences of your choices may shock you.
- Simple yet thrilling battles – Move left and right, jump, and slam into enemies to attack using simplistic battle controls. Dodge enemy attacks and beat your opponents to a pulp.
- Tons of artifacts for free customization – Customize your character however you like with different combinations of active and passive skills.
Watch the PC announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.