David Beckham has admitted driving his Bentley while using a mobile phone, police have revealed.
The former England captain was charged last month after a member of the public told officers they saw the 43-year-old on the phone while driving in London’s West End.
On Monday, Scotland Yard said: “The Met understands a postal guilty plea was subsequently received by Bromley Magistrates’ Court.”
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star was said to have been spotted driving his 2018 Bentley while using his phone in Great Portland Street on 21 November.
Two months earlier, Beckham avoided a speeding prosecution for driving a loaned Bentley at 59mph in a 40mph zone in west London.
The footballer was accused of “shirking his responsibility” as a role model after enlisting the services of celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman, dubbed “Mr Loophole”, and getting off on a technicality.
Beckham’s lawyer argued that a notice of intended prosecution (NIP) was not received until one day after the statutory 14-day limit, so he did not face any further action.
Joshua Harris, director of campaigns for Brake, called the previous incident “hugely disappointing”.
Mr Freeman also helped the footballer overturn an eight-month driving ban in 1999, successfully arguing he was trying to escape a paparazzi photographer.
Beckham was charged with the latest offence on 5 February and the matter will be heard in court on Tuesday, but he is not expected to attend.
The star could face points on his driving licence or a fine.