(WXYZ) — Delta Airlines has issued a travel waiver for those people flying out of Detroit due to a snowstorm on Tuesday expected to dump inches of snow across the area.
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect until 12 p.m. Wednesday for Sanilac County. A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until 12 p.m. Wednesday for Oakland, Livingston, Washtenaw, Wayne and Lapeer counties. An Ice Storm Warning is in effect for Lenawee and Monroe counties until 12 p.m. Tuesday.
According to Delta, the waiver covers many airports in the upper midwest, including those out of Detroit, Flint and Grand Rapids. The impacted travel dates are for Feb. 11 and Feb. 12, and the ticket must be reissued on or before Feb. 15, and rebooked travel must begin no later than Feb. 15.
To provide you with flexibility for your travel plans, we’re offering you the following options to choose what best fits your travel needs.
- Remain on your current flight.
- We recommend you continue to monitor your flight status for the most up-to-date information using
or on the Fly Delta app.
- Please note your current flight reservation will remain if you choose not to make any changes.
- Change to a different flight.
- If you select this option, you may make a one-time change and we will waive any applicable change fee.*
- To change your flight, visit
and click on “Modify Flight”.
- Choose “Start Flight Change” and select which flight you would like to change to search for a new flight.
- The change fee will display initially, however, once you select your new itinerary the change fee will be waived prior to checkout.
- Note, if changes are made to the originally ticketed cities or rescheduled travel occurs beyond the guidelines, the change fee will be waived, however, a difference in fare may apply.*
- You may choose to cancel your trip, and use the value towards a future flight.
- You may cancel your flight and apply any unused value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the original issue date.
- Applicable change fee and fare difference will apply for new travel dates and will be collected at the time of booking the new ticket.
- To cancel your flight, visit
and click on “Modify Flight” then choose “Start Flight Cancelation”.
In the event your selected flight is canceled by Delta, we will contact you with additional information.*When rescheduled travel occurs beyond February 15, 2019, the change fee will be waived. However, a difference in fare may apply. Final travel must be completed by end of ticket validity, one year from date of original issue. If travel is not able to be rescheduled within these guidelines, customers may cancel their reservation and apply any unused value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the original ticket issuance. Applicable change fee and fare difference will apply for new travel dates. Final travel must be completed by end of ticket validity.
Delta issues waiver for flights out of DTW during storm – WXYZ Detroit