Original 08/20/19 at 5:45 a.m.: The recently announced Monster Rancher port will be released digitally for Switch, iOS, and Android in 2019 in Japan, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.
Monster Rancher first launched for the original PlayStation in 1997. This is a port of that title with new elements. Development is currently 70 percent complete.
Update 08/21/19 at 12:06 a.m.: Monster Rancher will cost 1,760 yen when it launches.
To generate monsters, you can search for CD names from a custom database through the network.
Players can also download and battle the monsters raised by breeders all over Japan. The Switch version also supports two-player battles with one Joy-Con per player.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.