Home / Mobile / Teenage school girl dies after dropping mobile phone into bath – Yahoo News

Teenage school girl dies after dropping mobile phone into bath – Yahoo News

A Russian schoolgirl died after she was electrocuted when she dropped her mobile into the bath.

Tragic Yulia Vysotskaya, 14, was charging her phone which slipped out of her hands.

She died from drowning after suffering a massive electric shock at her home in Cheboksary the the country’s west, say reports citing medical sources.

Her devastated parents “called an ambulance but paramedics were only able to register the schoolgirl’s death and take her body to the morgue,” said one report.

Yulia Vysotskaya died when she dropped her mobile phone in the bath. Source: East2West/ Australscope

This is the third such case reported in little over a year in the country – all involving girls – despite public warnings from experts about the deadly risks of using smartphones in the bath, with one cautioning that the risks are like “Russian roulette”.

In December last year old Russian martial arts champion Irina Rybnikova, 15, died instantly when using her iPhone plugged into a charger while in the bath at her home in Bratsk, Siberia.

The teenager was a champion fighter in pankration – a form of “no rules” boxing and wrestling originating in ancient Greece.

Irina Rybnikova, Source: East2West/ Australscope

Earlier a 12-year-old girl named Kseniya P was electrocuted while listening to music from her charging phone while in the bath in Bolshoe Gryzlovo village in the Serpukhovsky district of Moscow region.

Her mother was cooking an evening meal and become worried about Kseniya’s silence.

She went into the bathroom and found the girl “already dead with her head under the water”.

The phone was floating in the bath.

Warnings have been issued of the danger of using your phone in the bath.

12-year-old Kseniya died after taking her mobile phone with her into the bath. Source: East2West/ Australscope

Electronics engineer Andrey Stanovsky has warned that “relaxing in a bathroom with your mobile phone plugged is like playing Russian roulette”.

After Irina’s death, Yury Agrafonov, the head of radio-electronic department of Irkutsk State University, said: “Water is a good conductor”.

“This is why there was a short circuit when the phone fell into the water.

“If the phone had not been plugged in to 220 volts, the tragedy would not have happened.”

– Australscope

Do you have a story tip? Email: y7newsroom@yahoo7.com.au.

You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter and stay up to date with the latest news with Yahoo7’s daily newsletter. Sign up here.

Source link

Check Also

'I look just like them': Owner of looted Milwaukee cellphone store furious about George Floyd's death and her destroyed business – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

CLOSE Katherine Mahmoud owns the Boost Mobile store on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *