CLICK HERE if you are having trouble viewing these photos on a mobile device
With warmer weather, our minds drift to visions of sandy island getaways and weekend jaunts down to SoCal. But not every beach is vacay-worthy. Which beaches are unanimously loved, be it for their surf, sunbathing, soft sand or all of the above?
TripAdvisor recently unveiled its 2019 Travelers’ Choice Awards for the country’s top 25 beaches. Of their picks, 40 percent are in Florida and almost 30 percent are in Hawaii. And for the second year in a row, Florida’s Clearwater Beach has been named the number one beach in America by TripAdvisor’s users. Here’s why: “The sugar fine white sand is a trademark of this fabulous beach,” said one TripAdvisor review. “Perfect for a day in the sun. You might even spot a dolphin or two playing on the horizon.”
Sounds heavenly. This year, two California beaches — Coronado Beach in San Diego and Newport Beach in Orange County — also made the list, taking the No. 16 and 19 spots, respectively. Award winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of traveler reviews and ratings for beaches gathered over a 12-month period.
Here’s the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards for the top 10 beaches in the country. To see the full list, visit www.TripAdvisor.com.
- Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, Florida
- Kaanapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
- Panama City Beach, Panama City, Florida
- Saint Pete Beach, St. Pete, Florida
- Pensacola Beach, Pensacola, Florida
- Siesta Beach, Siesta Key, Florida
- Hapuna Beach Recreation Area, Puako, Hawaii
- St. Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Driftwood Beach, Jekyll Island, Georgia
Travel: TripAdvisor’s top 25 best beaches in America 2019 – The Mercury News